James Keim, Attorney and Counselor at Law
If you are considering hiring an attorney to handle your case, please know this:
I Provide Personal Service
- I will speak with you directly and personally handle your case during all stages of representation — you will not be passed off to a junior level associate or some other middleman either within or outside of my law firm.
- I always provide a free initial consultation and work on a contingency fee and cost basis on all nursing home abuse, assisted living facility abuse, car, trucking and motorcycle accident, professional negligence and other personal injury cases: You pay no fee or costs to me or my law firm unless we win your case through settlement or verdict. Our fee and costs are simply deducted from the recovery, if and when a recovery is made.
- I maintain a manageable practice so that I may work more closely with and get to know my clients. I encourage questions and communication, and I always promptly return telephone calls and emails.
- I will explain your rights to you in plain language and strive to make your experience as painless and simple as possible. I understand that this may be the first time that you have ever had to consult with a lawyer.
- I will listen to you and not talk over you. I am from a working class family and background, and I always try to treat people with respect and the same way in which I would like to be treated.
I have Extensive, Proven Experience
- I have over 20 years of local legal experience in handling and resolving cases in the court systems in Sarasota, Manatee, Charlotte and Lee Counties, Florida. I will apply that experience, along with my training and education, in helping to resolve your case as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- I have achieved the rating of “AV Preeminent” – the highest possible Peer Review Rating for Ethical Standards and Legal Ability by Martindale-Hubble, an independent organization of attorneys and judges that has rated attorneys for over a hundred years. I will provide you with honest answers and keep you informed about your case every step of the way.
- I am admitted to practice law before the United States Supreme Court and the Supreme Court of Florida.
- I have conducted trials in Sarasota, Charlotte, Lee, Hillsborough and Polk Counties and have represented families throughout west central and southwest Florida. Additionally, I have handled appellate matters and argued before the Second District Court of Appeal in Lakeland, Florida.
- I have authored and published numerous articles on legal ethics and have spoken on topics of legal concern at The Florida Bar Annual Convention, as well as local bar associations as an invited speaker.
- I am proud of my record of ethics, honesty and trust as a licensed attorney. I am a member in good standing of The Florida Bar as a licensed attorney since September, 1996 and have held positions of leadership with The Florida Bar. I have never been disciplined by The Florida Bar.
- I have served in leadership positions with The Florida Bar. I have served on The Florida Bar Continuing Legal Education Committee – a committee that, among other things, oversees the quality of legal educational programs offered to the approximately 100,000 lawyers who are licensed to practice law in Florida. Additionally, I have served as the past Chair of The Florida Bar Statewide Advertising and Solicitation Grievance Committee – the committee that reviews violations of the attorney advertising and solicitation rules and punishes lawyers who engage in unethical conduct.
- I hold a Bachelor’s degree from the College of Wooster in Wooster, Ohio and a Juris Doctor degree from Stetson University College of Law in St. Petersburg, Florida. While in law school, I was selected by faculty to serve as a Teaching Fellow for Legal Research and Writing I and Legal Research and Writing II. Additionally, I served as a Judicial Intern to the Honorable David Seth Walker, Circuit Court Judge for the Sixth Judicial Circuit in Pinellas County, Florida.
“I look forward to assisting you through difficult times and, hopefully, making a positive difference in your life.” – James Keim, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Call for a Free Consultation: (941) 485-7600
Contact Venice Law Firm of Attorney James Keim, P.A. for nursing home abuse, assisted living facility abuse, car, motorcycle and trucking accidents, and other personal injury and wrongful death cases. James Keim is a lawyer who represents clients in Sarasota, Bradenton, Venice, Englewood and surrounding communities in both Sarasota County and Manatee County and throughout Florida.
Venice Law Firm of Attorney James Keim, P.A.
4140 Woodmere Park Boulevard, Suite 4, Venice, FL 34293
If you would like to receive more information, please complete the information below.